Things that are just never ‘right’
- Office chairs
- Filing systems
- Tea made in most canteens, restaurants, dispensers
Things that shouldn’t but do enough work well enough
- Men (the desi type not the ultra-smooth yurrrgh type) who sell women’s lingerie but don’t know how to pronounce the names
- Hard mattresses or the bare ground when your back is killing you
- An 80s hit disco number in the late afternoon and the ‘slow sappy’ playlist at 11:00 a.m.
- Walking around for 4 minutes (no more, no less) in weather you’d normally consider unpleasant – hot & sweaty, drizzly-muggy or pouring rain.
- Drinking hot water when you’ve bitten into a chilli and your tongue is on fire.
Things that are sure-fire bad ideas because…trust me, I’ve tried them!
- Laughing too much before singing. It clogs your throat.
- Listening to too much Jagjit Singh/ Micheal Bolton
- Reading books by the same author back to back.
- Too much time with a new boyfriend: Please note that this is defined as any of the following: Meeting/ phonetime for more than two hours, email/blog comments/SMS/chat messages that cumulatively take up more than an hour, thinking about/discussing with friends/blogging about more than once a day.
- Publishing a post and then attempting to delete it (people who subscribe to your feed still see it!!!)