August was a busy month so I didn’t manage much link-love. But September started off on a good note and I’m hoping it’ll only get better.
My Style section is picking up. For a few reader/friends who asked, I Style! features whacky, fun clothing & accessories; Ideart showcases my fabric painting and I Wear tracks everyday style. This month, I add to the repertoire by featuring other people whose sense of style caught my eye. But don’t worry, I’m not turning into a fashionasta. Dressing & looking good are an important part of our daily lives. But The Idea-smithy will still have fiction, pop culture, reviews, general quips & wisdom (?). And here’s September’s features:
- There’s enough being said about the best hairstyle for your face type but what about the
one accessory that’s closest to your face? ‘Your Face Shape & Earrings‘ (via
- What’s a status update if not a way to rant? (via Facebook)
- The art/book/style lover in you will LOVE this store that produces clothing with book art. (via OutOfPrintClothing, link courtesy HippyHollySimpleSally)
- A handful of cocktail recipes from everyone’s favorite intelligent party-girl! ‘Cocktail recipes for people who really just like anything with a salt rim‘ (via TheCompulsiveConfessor)
- A book about language & whether it can be grown ‘artificially’. ‘In the land of invented languages‘ (link courtesy Time)
- The dabbawalla has gone online! Find a tiffin service by cuisine, meal & location at IndiaTiffins.
One from my Bookmarks from the 90s, this site has provided daily wisdom in my mailbox for over a decade. Ranging from the writings of Osho to Zen pearls to quotes by famous people, Deeshan is now available on Twitter & Facebook too.
- A former colleague turns film director. His first film, Kshay is being screened at the Chicago International Film Festival. Congratulations, Shaan!
- Shakti gives us India’s answer to the LBD! (via Twitter).
- After I asked what Facebook’s look was doing for its users, this came up as an answer: ‘Does Facebook Really Care About You?’ (via CNN)
- A hilarious email chain that’s been modified and edited from the original article, for sometime now: ‘London Times Obituary Of The Late Mr.Common Sense‘ (via MyBroadBand)
- Ideamarked July2011: Social Networks, Twitter Talk & Internet Memes
- Ideamarked June2011: Conspiracy Theories, eGadgets & Hakoba
- Ideamarked May2011: Scams, Hacks & Schoolboy Raunch
Tagged: Arika Okrent, Artificial Language, Chicago International Film Festival, CNN, Cocktail recipes, Compulsive Confessor, Darshak Vyas, Deeshan, Earrings, Face shape, Facebook, Food, Hippy Holly Simple Sally, India, India Tiffins, Kohl, Kshay, LBD, Little black dress, London Times, Meenakshi Madhavan Reddy, Million Looks, Movies, Mr.Common Sense, Osho, Out of Print clothing, Salt rim, Shaan VS, Shakti Salagaonkar, Tee-shirt print, Time magazine, Twitter!!, White kurta, Zen