December 30, 2010 Leave a comment
Grrr to another repetitive and uninspiring Reverb10 prompt. So I’m going the opposite way again. If I was frivolous in the last post, I’ll be ridiculous now.
December 28 – Achieve
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
I’ve said it so many times in so many ways and here it is all over again. I want to have that novel done with and out on the shelves next year.
How do I think I’ll feel after that? I’m petrified that it’ll actually happen. What’ll I do after that? Go back to spreadsheets and emails to clients about meetings? Return to a world where matrimony is the single biggest event in a woman’s life? And wait for the resurrection in importance, also known as motherhood? I’m seeing spots, I think I’m going to throw up. Okay, I’ve written that down.
Hmm. Queasy and petrified. Ten things I can do to feel that way today:
- Turn off the lights and watch a horror movie alone. Any horror movie, even Ramsay Brothers. Especially Ramsay Brothers.
- Go to Delhi
- Watch a double bill of Action Replayy and Tees Maar Khan
- Build a time-machine, go 48 hours into the future and stand in the middle of a Mumbai road. (Hint – HAPPY NEW YEAR!)
- Get back with the abusive ex-
- Go back to the boss-from-hell (who screamed at me daily from across the office & sabotaged my computer)
- Drink too much tequila
- Do 7. on an empty stomach
- Work my way through stale, suspect fried food after 7. and 8.
- Torture myself through a list like this simply because I have to have ten