July 26, 2011 2 Comments
Birthday month! Among my many gifts were a trip to The City of Joy, the last metro I’ve been to. I also had an article published in Marie Claire India this month and a post on FriendsOfBooks. That apart, I’ve been cooking, dressing up and having fun! Nothing much else to say I guess; happiness is simple!
- Bizarre but funny, this Twitter baby will probably be the next internet meme. (via Twitter)
- A striking review of Google Plus & Facebook (via StrikingArrow, link courtesy Pushpa). Also see my first thoughts on Google Plus.
- My second post on books – let’s go ride a dragon, let’s find a vampire to bite, a broomstick to fly, a tree to talk to…let’s go hunt some troll!: ‘Fantasy For Beginners: 10 Books To Get You Started’ (via FriendsOfBooks)
- Use the power of social media to give your career that edge! My article in this month’s issue of Marie Claire India ‘The Careerist: The Online Advantage‘
- A funny metaphor on food (via Twitter)
- A chilling story on how dreams are lost, by Sidin Vadukut (via Livemint, link courtesy Gautam Ghosh)
- The world’s first matrimonial social network! What an idea! Login to Youpid
- Former journalist & still a friend, Arcopol comments on the sad state of the profession he left behind. (via Twitter)
- The Indian middle class is apparently responsible for a whole lot of things! (via Twitter)
- An interesting look at India’s online celebrities, by Pinstorm founder, Mahesh Murthy. (via HindustanTimes)
- A list of countries that an Indian passport-holder could travel to, visa-free. I didn’t realize there were so many of them! (link courtesy Mahesh Murthy)
- Status update jokes are the new party trick. (via MakeUseOf)